Checking Early Season SnowpackBy Trent Meisenheimer, November 13, 2013
About The Author
Trent Meisenheimer grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah, skiing and snowboarding the Wasatch mountains since he was two years old. Most winter days, he can be found hiking the backcountry and shredding Utah’s famous powder. He also works for the Utah Avalanche Center, continually seeking knowledge for snow and avalanche science. In 2009, he completed his Level One Avalanche Operations course in Canada, and in 2013, he completed the Level 2 Avalanche Operations course. While he’s devoted to avalanche outreach and education in the winter, in the summer, you can find him clinging to the side of a rock wall or floating down one of the many scenic rivers in the western U.S. Trent lives in SLC and is a full-time student at the University of Utah.
Check out his avalanche education videos at https://vimeo.com/user8844425.
Also By This Author
- Video: Snow Equals Water Jun 12, 2013
- How To Predict An Avalanche Dec 1, 2013
- Are You Avy Savvy? Dec 5, 2013
- Skier’s-Eye View Of A Slab Avalanche Dec 26, 2013
- Video: Avoid One Of The Deadliest Types Of Avalanches Jan 30, 2014
- Five Questions with Skier and Climber Emilie Drinkwater
By Outdoor Research
- Are You Avy Savvy?
By Trent Meisenheimer
- Don’t Sweat The Technique
By Shingo Ohkawa, Salt Lake City, UT
- The Classics: Alpine Climbing, Bugaboos
By Fitz Cahall
- How To Prep For Ice And Mixed Climbing Season
By Gordon McArthur, Cranbrook, BC