Checking Early Season SnowpackBy Trent Meisenheimer, November 13, 2013
About The Author
Trent Meisenheimer grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah, skiing and snowboarding the Wasatch mountains since he was two years old. Most winter days, he can be found hiking the backcountry and shredding Utah’s famous powder. He also works for the Utah Avalanche Center, continually seeking knowledge for snow and avalanche science. In 2009, he completed his Level One Avalanche Operations course in Canada, and in 2013, he completed the Level 2 Avalanche Operations course. While he’s devoted to avalanche outreach and education in the winter, in the summer, you can find him clinging to the side of a rock wall or floating down one of the many scenic rivers in the western U.S. Trent lives in SLC and is a full-time student at the University of Utah.
Check out his avalanche education videos at https://vimeo.com/user8844425.
Also By This Author
- Video: Snow Equals Water Jun 12, 2013
- How To Predict An Avalanche Dec 1, 2013
- Are You Avy Savvy? Dec 5, 2013
- Skier’s-Eye View Of A Slab Avalanche Dec 26, 2013
- Video: Avoid One Of The Deadliest Types Of Avalanches Jan 30, 2014
- When Does It Pay To Hire A Guide?
By Chris Simmons, Seattle, WA
- Alaska Expedition 2011: Kahiltna
By Graham Zimmerman, New Zealand
- What’s the difference between GORE-TEX®, GORE-TEX® Active and GORE-TEX® Pro?
By Outdoor Research
- Video: Shredding Stellar, Safe Powder In The Wasatch—Finally
By Trent Meisenheimer
- VertFest 2010
By Teresa Bruffey, Boise, ID