Video: When Rescue Isn’t An OptionBy Mark Allen, January 21, 2014
About The Author
Mark AllenEverett, WA
Mark is native to Washington. He was raised by wolves in the North Cascades where he was introduced to alpine climbing and deep powder skiing. After closing his geophysics textbook for the last time, he joined the league of homeless, car-dwelling, nomadic, mountain guides and began lapping countless classics with clients in the Cascades and the High Sierra.
After a decade hopping crag to glacier, Mark received his IFMGA/AMGA guiding certification and now is the director of his own boutique guide service, Expeditions Northwest LLC, a booking network for climbing trips worldwide. Mark practices a dual-kingdom model, calling both Silverton, Colo., and Mazama, Wash., home.
Also By This Author
- Into The Khumbu: Ama Dablam Nov 19, 2012
- Getting Pinned: An IFMGA Aspirant in Chamonix Nov 19, 2012
- Ski Tribes of the San Juans Nov 19, 2012
- The Guide’s Guide To Layering For Ski Touring, Part 1 of 3 Nov 3, 2013
- The Guide’s Guide To Layering For Ski Touring, Part 2 of 3: Intro To Outdoor Textiles Nov 3, 2013
- OR’s Best And Lightest Summer Backpacking Layers
By Jaeger Shaw, Seattle, WA
- Hit This Crown-Jewel Hike Before it Hits The Guidebooks
By Matt Mosteller
- 5 Fun Facts About Backcountry Snowboarding
By Neil Provo, Park City, UT
- Burglary And Trespassing: Tales Of “Criminal” Wildlife
By Outdoor Research
- Is It Snowing Where You Are?
By Dorian Densmore