What Songs Get Stuck In Your Head While Hiking?
We asked Facebook, “What’s the funniest song you’ve had stuck in your head while hiking?” From T.V. jingles, to movie theme songs to the latest pop hit playing when you pulled into the trailhead, we’ve had some pretty ridiculous music on the mind. And sometimes, it just won’t go away.
Three most common answers:
Rocky Theme Song
The Thong Song
The Fox (What Does The Fox Say)
8. Jingle bells After getting stuck in a rain storm in the back country with a malfunctioning tent in 35° weather, we decided to hike all night to keep us warm. The only song I could remember to sing to scare away bears was jingle bells – Valeria V.
7. This one: –Johnny L.
6. The Pink Panther Theme “For an entire month long trip. I came around a corner to find a bear, and started humming the first thing that came to mind. It became my bear song” -Anthony H
5. Baby Beluga “By Raffi. It came out in 1980. Don’t go looking for it because it can be found and once heard it can never be unheard.” -Andrew W
4. Ice Ice Baby. “It can’t get more worse than that.” Pete S.
3. Call Me Maybe “As a wilderness therapy instructor I try to stick with the newest obnoxious pop song just to annoy the kids. This year it was “Call Me Maybe” Kolt G.
2. I’ve Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts –Michael H.
1. Heffalumps and Woozles “Oh man, there’s quite a few but I think “Heffalumps and Woozles” from Winnie the Pooh takes the cake for me.” –Justin R.
Honorable Mention: The Backwards Alphabet! –BumbleBar
The entire collection can be found here.