Winter Camping Footwear GuideBy Kevin Callan, December 23, 2013
About The Author
Kevin CallanPeterborough, ON
Kevin Callan is the author of fifteen books, including the best selling “The Happy Camper”, the incredibly popular series of paddling guides, and most reviewed “Wilderness Pleasures: A Practical Guide to Camping Bliss”. On a regular basis, he presents across North America and has been a key speaker at all the major canoe events for over 25 years.
Callan is also a frequent guest on radio and television, and field editor and blogger for Explore. He also writes a column CanoeRoots Magazine and Paddling.net. Callan has hosted several TV pilots and assisted with BBC, Ray Mears, and the Discovery Channel in film projects. He is also a frequent host on a number of morning shows and hosts his own CBC Radio show coast to coast titled “The Happy Camper”. He is a winner of five National Magazine Awards and three film awards. He was also made Patron Paddler for Paddle Canada.
Also By This Author
- How To Stay Warm While Winter Camping Dec 9, 2013
- Winter Camping In Kawartha Highlands Provincial Park, Pt. 1 Jan 5, 2014
- Winter Camping In Kawartha Highlands Provincial Park, Pt. 2 Jan 12, 2014
- Once Around Algonquin, Part 1 Jan 19, 2014
- Once Around Algonquin, Part 2 Jan 26, 2014
- What Would You Pack For A 220-mile Trek?
By Jaeger Shaw, Seattle, WA
- The Nitty-Gritty of Thru-Hiking
By Chris Chance DePolo, Frederick, MD
- How To Wow Your Friends With Sushi In The Backcountry
By Simon Houle
- Hit This Crown-Jewel Hike Before it Hits The Guidebooks
By Matt Mosteller
- Think You’ve Felt Real Cold? Think Again.
By Bayard Russell, Madison, New Hampshire