Winter Camping In Kawartha Highlands Provincial Park, Pt. 1By Kevin Callan, January 5, 2014
About The Author
Kevin CallanPeterborough, ON
Kevin Callan is the author of fifteen books, including the best selling “The Happy Camper”, the incredibly popular series of paddling guides, and most reviewed “Wilderness Pleasures: A Practical Guide to Camping Bliss”. On a regular basis, he presents across North America and has been a key speaker at all the major canoe events for over 25 years.
Callan is also a frequent guest on radio and television, and field editor and blogger for Explore. He also writes a column CanoeRoots Magazine and Paddling.net. Callan has hosted several TV pilots and assisted with BBC, Ray Mears, and the Discovery Channel in film projects. He is also a frequent host on a number of morning shows and hosts his own CBC Radio show coast to coast titled “The Happy Camper”. He is a winner of five National Magazine Awards and three film awards. He was also made Patron Paddler for Paddle Canada.
Also By This Author
- How To Stay Warm While Winter Camping Dec 9, 2013
- Winter Camping Footwear Guide Dec 23, 2013
- Winter Camping In Kawartha Highlands Provincial Park, Pt. 2 Jan 12, 2014
- Once Around Algonquin, Part 1 Jan 19, 2014
- Once Around Algonquin, Part 2 Jan 26, 2014
- Utah’s WURL*: 30+ miles, 42,000 Feet Up And Down In A Day
By Jason Dorais
- Down vs. Synthetic: What’s the difference between down and synthetic insulation?
By Outdoor Research
- The Love Letter: What’s For Dinner
By Becca Cahall
- A Different Kind of Hiking: The Life of an AMC Ridgerunner
By Rachel Goff
- Stellar Trail Running You Don’t Have To Drive To
By Ron Enns