- Linke Seitentasche dient gleichzeitig als Packsack
- Mittiger Frontreißverschluss
- Voll anpassbare, Helm-kompatible Kapuze
- Napoleontasche mit Reißverschluss
- Wasserabweisende Reißverschlüsse
- Zwei Reißverschlusstaschen
- Den Körperbewegungen folgende Stretchbereiche
- Innen liegende Windschutzleiste am Frontreißverschluss
- Seitentaschen oberhalb von Hüft- oder Klettergurt
- Saum mit Kordelzug
- Klettverschluss am Handgelenk
- Vorgeformte Ellenbogen
- Vollständig getapte Nähte
Fit: Trim Paßform
Fabric GORE-TEX® Active 3L, 100% nylon 20D
Avg. Weight (oz./g): 13.5oz / 382g (L)
- Top Notch (Review by Dale )
Another jacket that's a go-to for just about everything. Very water and wind resistant yet breathable and being so versatile for it's weight, it comes with me more than the helium II. Perfect for ice climbing in medium temps [greater than 15F] and for ski touring and mountain days where the weather is questionable, wind and precip could be a factor and the temps aren't too warm. This is part of an ideal layering system from OR: echo base, radiant hybrid, axiom jacket for when the wind picks up, and the filament for taking the edge off on the summit.
I'm 6'1", 185 lb, 43" chest, neutral ape index and the medium couldn't fit better. I would label it as 'trim' or 'athletic' fit, with an amount of stretch that prevents it from tearing when brushing sharp granite on scrambles or chimneys, or when you swap tools on a cross over, and the fabric moves with you. Worthy of the praise bestowed upon it.
(Am 02.04.14 gepostet)
- superb light weight alpine shell (Review by Peter)
This is a superb light weight alpine shell. I have about 30 ski tour days and 20 hiking days in my Axiom. The Axiom stuffs into its own pocket and packs to the size of a water bottle. There are some smaller-packing “insect wing” shells on the market, but none that offer true alpine wind and weather protection like this. This isn’t a gossamer layer, it’s real Goretex that cuts wind and sheds snow. The sleeves fit long for active movement, the overall cut is slim and athletic so nothing is left flapping in the breeze. The hood adjustment works well w/ or w/out a helmet, even while wearing gloves. Fair warning though, this Goretex active fabric does require that you refresh the DWR. If you think outerwear should never be cleaned or re-treated, then this isn’t the jacket for you. My only gripe is that the side pockets are un-useable while wearing a pack.
(Am 19.01.14 gepostet)
- The Axiom Jacket is well suited to all those situations in which rain and wind leave no escape and, at the same time, intense physical effort is required. (Review by Go Out Project)
Check out the results of our tests on our website:
(Am 06.01.14 gepostet)
- Excellent Shell (Review by Clayton)
Got this jacket last winter and I love it. Very breathable but still waterproof. The new goretex active fabric is a great addition. I've used it for skiing, ice climbing, alpine climbing, regular old rock climbing, etc and it always works great. Also extremely light weight compared to most other hardshells.
(Am 07.11.13 gepostet)