- Quick Drying
- Quilted Reinforcement Synthetic Suede Palm
- Sherpa Lining at Flip-Top Finger Cover
- Magnetic Flip-Top Retention Points
- Leather OR Logo Badge
Fabric 85% rag wool, 15% nylon // Sherpa Lining 100% polyester
Avg. Weight (oz./g): 5.3oz / 150g (L)
- Best I could find, and I searched a long time! (Review by Eric)
Like Kenneth, I have used these for about four months now, which means all of the 2014 winter. I have not encountered the magnet problem that he mentions though.
- Warm, even when damp/wet.
- The conversion of the flip-top is quick and easy to use.
- Nice, stylish design.
- The "suede palm" is a nice bullet point, but is slippery and very thin.
- In general these mittens lack grip, especially when the full mitten is engaged. With your fingers exposed your grip is improved, but obviously will be colder. I was hoping to use these to drive with, but between the slippery leather palm and the wool itself, full mitten driving is not advised.
- The tag on the inside is kind of annoying. I'm sure I will cut it out some day.
- On the inside they seem to have cut some corners with their sewing. Most of the stitching of the corners is all connected via a single piece of thread which is easily snagged by your fingers. I'm sure this will eventually break, so hopefully it won't be an issue when it does.
- I wish the wrist cuff was slightly longer.
I searched almost daily for a good month before buying these. They are by far the most stylish design I found, and for the most part seem to be high quality, except for the weird stitching mentioned above.
Overall I recommend these and would buy them again. Only time will tell how durable they are. I have used these several times to shovel the sidewalk, etc., and seem no worse for wear. If they could put a better grip on these mittens they would pretty much be prefect in my opinion.
(Posted on 3/27/14)
- good, but could be improved (Review by kenneth)
I have used them extensively the past four months.
Like them very much. Wife wants a WOMANS version.
Issue: magnet moves after some time and does not line up with fold over mitten top and flops around.
(Posted on 3/3/14)