- Fabric Performance: Water-Resistant, Breathable, Lightweight, Movement-Mirroring Stretch
- Design Features: Four Boot Lace Hooks, Water Resistant Silicone Panels, Reflective Print Ensures Visibility
- Functional Details: Hook and Loop Patches at Heel for Secure Attachment Drawcord Cinch Top, Flat-Seam Construction
Fabric: 91% polyester, 9% spandex stretch knit
Avg. Weight (oz./g): 1.9oz / 54g (L/XL)
- Solid Gaiter (Review by Jonny)
These gaiters are really nice. They are stretchy and can be used for running as well as hiking (they fit over hiking boots as long as they aren't too beefy). I've found they are a nice light alternative to bigger gaiters when you don't think you need that much protection. They do a great job of keeping the scree out when mountain running.
A couple dislikes: the hooks are very small. Most laces have a bigger diameter than the hooks. I actually use safety pins sometimes. The Velcro in the back doesn't work super well if you don't have a good surface to stick it to. And the grommets for the instep lace don't seem super durable, but they have lasted me thus far.
Overall though these are a really nice gaiter, as I would expect from OR!
(Posted on 9/1/15)
- Worth the time and effort (Review by Old Guide)
When the dog and I both need our run it is always a hesitation to take the time to gear up fully. These are worth the effort. You need to set it up right initially attaching the included velcro (hook & loop) sticky pad permanently to the rear of your shoe before first usage. These stretchy gaiters keep out powder snow and they are also very thin and they fit snug so they keep out any twigs and spruce or fir needles that would otherwise get into your shoe when you run in deep mucky stuff. They stay put and reward you for taking a minute to put them on. My dog and I are both impressed with the additional routes these open up for us.
(Posted on 8/18/15)