- Fabric Performance: Water-Resistant, Breathable, Lightweight, Wicking, Quick-Drying, TransAction™ Headband, UPF 50+
- Design Features: Dark Fabric Under Brim, External Breathable Mesh Panels, Removable Cape, Convertible, Embroidered OR Logo
- Functional Details: Hook/Loop Back, Removable Chin Cord, Packable, Crushable
Fabric: 100% Supplex® nylon, plain weave
Avg. Weight (oz./g): 2.8oz / 79g (One Size)
- The best out there (Review by guygevaart)
I use it summer and on a sunny days on the mountains
Is it fast dry! super light! keep you sun out of your face.
I'm a professional nature photographer and can't wear sun glasses for I can shots. it is the best "tool" for my work in the field.
(Posted on 1/31/15)
- Perfect! (Review by Tgrabs)
Bought this for a 2 week trip to the Virgin Islands this past spring and for kayak trips under the summer sun. Haven't used it yet for kayak trips but I expect it to perform as well as it did hiking in the hot sun of the Caribbean. Often I used just the hat with the sun shade in my pocket. The sun shade packs down super small so I had no problem bringing it along even if I wasn't sure I would use it. On really sunny days I attached it quick and easy-like to the hat and protected my ears and neck from the pounding sun. The hat is nice and breathable and even somewhat stylish!
(Posted on 6/21/14)
- A hat, you say? (Review by Jim)
I am a self-professed gear freak. I own every commercially available brand of high-end outdoor gear, (except Mammut, and I'm still shopping for the perfect Mammut piece), and I have a lot of great kit. And I use it all. But I can say unequivocally, that this OR hat is the most versatile piece of gear I own. Rain or shine, hot or cold, with or without the Pharaoh neck attachment, it is literally the only piece of gear I own, that I use every single day. And I have done this for 5 years without the slightest problem. This is more than just a hat. It is protection for the part of my body that is exposed more than any other - my face. It works.
(Posted on 4/22/14)