- Zip-Out Balaclava
- ThumbDrive™ Hook/Loop Cuff Closures
- Removeable Powder Skirt with LockDown™ Technology
- Integrated RECCO® Reflector
- Inner Lift Pass Pocket with Drawcord Key Clip Attachment
- Zippered Napoleon Pocket with Media Port
- Fully Adjustable and Detachable Hood Fits Over Helmet
- Tonal Seam Treatment
- Two Zippered Hand Pockets
- Internal Front-Zip Stormflap
- Hybrid Mapped Construction
- Pit Zips
- Water-Resistant Zippers
- Fully Seam Taped
- Arm Pocket
Fit: Relaxed Fit
Fabric Pertex® Shield 2L, 68% polyester, 32% nylon 40D // 650 Fill Down Insulation // Thermore® insulation below powder skirt
Avg. Weight (oz./g): 33.4oz / 947g (M)
- Sheds down and misleading specs (Review by V)
Overall the jacket is well designed, but I have the feeling some corners were cut to save money. Good engineering, bad execution? I bought this for my wife, and this is a review of our experience after a 2-week Christmas time trip.
As I said, the jacket held up well, but it shed down like crazy, to the point that the lint roller was decimated. My wife had to pick and choose carefully what she wore, if she wore a black wool sweater she looked like she lost a battle with a chicken. None of our other jackets (Montbell, REI, Rab, etc) have this issue.
Second, it was disappointing to read the label and learn that the jacket is only 80% down (20% feather). I would not have bought it if I knew that ahead of purchase.
We wanted to love this jacket -- it's very functional and has a lot of features we were impressed by. If you can live with these two issues, it's a great jacket, honestly. Kudos to the designers, but I think the bean counters had the last laugh.
(Posted on 1/19/14)