10 Desert Landscapes That Won Our Hearts, And Nearly Our Homepage
Here are 10 of our favorite honorary mentions along with the winning shot from the desert photography genre of June 4th, 2014’s Win The Homepage Facebook Photo Contest. Nearly 250 users submitted a photo that day and we tasked ourselves with choosing one of them to be our website's next homepage background.
The quality and variety of submissions far surpassed our wildest expectations. We’ll be posting this and two other galleries as a tribute to all the incredible images we got to see and agonize over this week. Thanks to everyone who shared an image and the entire outdoor community whose adventures make things like this possible. You’re awesome!
Keep your eyes on our Facebook page this summer for future photo contests and giveaways.
The contest winning photo by Andy Earl. Climbers on Mount Superior in Little Cottonwood Canyon, UT.
1. Angel's Landing, UT, Photo by Parker Alec-Cross
2. The Wave, AZ. Photo by David S Mann
3. Crack Climbing in Southern Utah. Photo by Andy Earl
4. Cataract Canyon, UT. Photo by Casey Montandon
5. Big Cottonwood Canyon, UT. Photo by Parker Alec-Cross
6. Grand Canyon Overlook, AZ. Photo by Crystal Brindle
7. Godzilla in Joshua Tree, CA. Photo by Mark Langley
8. Desert Tower. Photo by Higher Grounds Coffee, UT
9. Faith Dickey on highline near Moab, UT. Photo by J.R. Racine Photography
10. Alternate Highline View. Moab, UT. Photo by JR Racine Photography.