10 Mountain Landscapes That Won Our Hearts, And Nearly Our Homepage
Here are 10 of our favorite honorary mentions along with the winning shot from the sunrise/sunset photography genre of June 4th, 2014’s Win The Homepage Facebook Photo Contest. Nearly 250 users submitted a photo that day and we tasked ourselves with choosing one of them to be our website's next homepage background.
The quality and variety of submissions far surpassed our wildest expectations. We’ll be posting this and two other galleries as a tribute to all the incredible images we got to see and agonize over this week. Thanks to everyone who shared an image and the entire outdoor community whose adventures make things like this possible. You’re awesome!
Keep your eyes on our Facebook page this summer for future photo contests and giveaways.
The contest winning photo by Andy Earl. Climbers on Mount Superior in Little Cottonwood Canyon, UT.
1. The Milky Way over Mt. Shasta, CA. Photo by Cahill Films (more info at http://cahillfilms.com/)
2. Cordiellera Real, Bolivia. Photo by Neil Provo
3. Illecillewaet Glacier, BC. Photo by Meagan Doyle
4. Canmore, AB. Photo by Nathan Jones
5. Matanuska Peak, AK. Photo by Lexi Lowe
6. Denali Base Camp, AK. Photo by David Simms
7. Olympic National Park, WA. Photo by Brian Kilpatrick
8. Mt. Hood Summit Crater, OR. Photo by Samantha Garlow
9. Lenticular Cloud over the entrance to the Northern Patagonia Ice Cap. Photo by Ryan Siacci
10. October on Mt. Rainier, WA. Photo by Stephen Wilkinson