Why You Should Care About ANWR—Even If You Never Go There
- For the first time in years, drilling in this important place is on the table—here's how you can get it off the table.
Worth Celebrating: A Symbolic Fence Removed In Steens Mountain Wilderness
- Removing the final obsolete fence on the cow-free portion of Steens Mountain is a victory for the land, the wildlife and people.
A Veteran's Plea: Fight For The Public Lands We Fought For
- After Iraq, Joshua Brandon found healing in America's wild lands—which are currently under threat.
New Hotel On Mount Washington? A Climber Says No
- Wild areas are in short supply—let's protect what we've got.
How Thru-Hiking And Protecting Public Lands Go Hand-In-Hand
- Managing public lands is complex business—and one great way way to learn about it is hiking through that land.
After The Women's Climbing Fest: Let's Talk About Barriers
- What, if anything, is really holding women in climbing back? Thoughts from the Flash Foxy Women's Climbing Festival.
Outdoor Research: On The Outdoor Retailer Trade Show And Public Lands
- With public lands at risk and the outdoor industry divided about the trade show, what is OR doing?
Call To Action: Stand Up Now To Protect Our Rivers
- Individuals and local groups form a key link in environmental conservation. Here's how to get involved.
Join Us: Tell Your Representative To Protect National Parks
- Ask Congress to vote against loosening environmental protections for our national parks.
Women's Marches: Inspiration For The Outdoor Community
- We asked a few of our ambassadors for their thoughts on this weekend's women's marches
Outdoor Research Stands With Industry To Defend Public Lands
- CEO Dan Nordstrom signs open letter: Together we can defend our public lands.
Thanks For Opting Outside - $5000 To Paradox Sports
- Nearly 1000 people joined our effort to get outside on Black Friday in support of Paradox Sports
#OptOutside With Outdoor Research This Black Friday And We'll Donate $10 To Adaptive Sports
- Join us and REI outdoors this Black Friday.
5 Ways Men Can Help Fight Sexism In Climbing
- If you care about making women feel welcome and supported at the gym and in the mountains, here's how.
The U.S. Forest Service and Outdoor Access Working Group collaborate for a better permitting system
- Forest Service and outdoor industry leaders collaborate to streamline permitting