Are You A Woman Of Color Wanting To Grow Your Outdoor Skills? This New Program Could Help You Learn
- We're proud to support a new Women's Wilderness program aimed to teach a holistic outdoor skill set.
Comment NOW Against ANWR Drilling
- You can make a difference by adding your voice to this comment period.
- The WCCI aims to keep climbing areas sustainable and accessible—as they're seeing increased traffic.
Pick Up Trash This Week, Win OR Gear
- Help us celebrate Earth Day and #LeaveNoTrash—and you could win a new OR jacket!
Meet The We Can Grant Recipient: Vertical Generation
- Vertical Generation aims to give children from all backgrounds the chance to experience climbing.
Announcing The We Can Grant
- Outdoor Research is looking for non-profit partners to give money to!
Fighting Injustice In Nepal's Guiding Industry
- How to support the locals that make mountaineering in Nepal possible for westerners.
Inside The First Climbing Festival To Celebrate Diversity
- Finding family and feeling at home at the first annual Color The Crag event at Horse Pens 40.
Getting Queer Young People Connected To Nature
- Out There Adventures is the only outdoor organization in the U.S. specifically aimed at meeting the needs of queer young people.
A New Way To Save Part Of Bears Ears
- How to use your public comment to help preserve a part of Bears Ears.
This Is How You Maintain Increasingly Popular Climbing Areas
- The Washington Climbers Coalition is making a big difference at crags around the state.
Why You Should Care About ANWR—Even If You Never Go There
- Drilling in this important place is on the table—here's how you can help change that.
Worth Celebrating: A Symbolic Fence Removed In Steens Mountain Wilderness
- Removing the final obsolete fence on the cow-free portion of Steens Mountain is a victory for the land, the wildlife and people.
A Veteran's Plea: Fight For The Public Lands We Fought For
- After Iraq, Joshua Brandon found healing in America's wild lands—which are currently under threat.
New Hotel On Mount Washington? A Climber Says No
- Wild areas are in short supply—let's protect what we've got.
How Thru-Hiking And Protecting Public Lands Go Hand-In-Hand
- Managing public lands is complex business—and one great way way to learn about it is hiking through that land.
After The Women's Climbing Fest: Let's Talk About Barriers
- What, if anything, is really holding women in climbing back? Thoughts from the Flash Foxy Women's Climbing Festival.
Outdoor Research: On The Outdoor Retailer Trade Show And Public Lands
- With public lands at risk and the outdoor industry divided about the trade show, what is OR doing?
Call To Action: Stand Up Now To Protect Our Rivers
- Individuals and local groups form a key link in environmental conservation. Here's how to get involved.
Join Us: Tell Your Representative To Protect National Parks
- Ask Congress to vote against loosening environmental protections for our national parks.
Women's Marches: Inspiration For The Outdoor Community
- We asked a few of our ambassadors for their thoughts on this weekend's women's marches
Outdoor Research Stands With Industry To Defend Public Lands
- CEO Dan Nordstrom signs open letter: Together we can defend our public lands.
Thanks For Opting Outside - $5000 To Paradox Sports
- Nearly 1000 people joined our effort to get outside on Black Friday in support of Paradox Sports
#OptOutside With Outdoor Research This Black Friday And We'll Donate $10 To Adaptive Sports
- Join us and REI outdoors this Black Friday.
5 Ways Men Can Help Fight Sexism In Climbing
- If you care about making women feel welcome and supported at the gym and in the mountains, here's how.
The U.S. Forest Service and Outdoor Access Working Group collaborate for a better permitting system
- Forest Service and outdoor industry leaders collaborate to streamline permitting