Designed by Adventure: The Tantrum II Hooded Jacket
Wind and precipitation have a way of stopping athletes in their tracks on the trail. Whether sodden and saturated, or frigid and numb, these two elements pair up to top the list of excuses for a “rain check.”
Your foul weather daydreams have been answered: Meet the Tantrum II Hooded Jacket; the stretchy, breathable, weather-shedding windbreaker built for bad forecasts. You now have no excuse not to bear through bitter, windy downpour days (sorry, not sorry).
Shift and flex on the move with a 20D ripstop nylon fabric that’s incredibly compressible yet packed with trustworthy durability. Wind and water resistant, this ripstop keeps the elements out, traps in heat, yet remains highly breathable and quick drying to dump sweat when you’re exerting energy. Built with alpine training missions in mind, this is the windbreaker that truly breathes as you do.
The Tantrum II is the second iteration, and lightweight evolution, of our classic Tantrum Hooded Jacket. We’ve simply stripped it of excess seams, removed the rear hood adjustment, and replaced its integrated waist strap with a design that stuffs into its own pocket. Each of these delicate design tweaks make a huge difference when you’re looking to save ounces on the trail.
We’ve also added elastic touches that enhance its all-over movement-mirroring stretch and improve the performance, fit, and function of the piece. This elasticity provides a lightweight alternative to burly, bulky protection that’s still impervious to whatever the forecast decides to throw your way.
This is it: Your ticket to charging headfirst into gusty rides, runs, and summit assaults with the most durable, worry-free construction we could pack into a featherweight fabric.
You’ll barely believe the design features and functional details we packed into the near-weightless 4.7 ounces of the Tantrum II:
- Unobtrusive Low-Pro Binding™ Hood features an elastic opening that stretches to secure around your face during quick movements and fast paces. This elastic is yet another example of a thoughtful touch that replaces an otherwise heavy, burly hood that can easily fall down with the excess weight of a brim, adjustable drawcords, and thicker fabric.
- We’ve infused this same lightweight elasticity into the Tantrum’s Low-Pro Binding™ Cuffs which, when combined with the internal thumb loops, secure sleeves down for full hand-to-shoulder protection without riding up.
- Elastic drawcord hem cinches down, seals in heat, and keeps out inclement conditions while staying securely on your hips.
- A center front zipper is complete with locking slider that stays put, so you’re free to move without worrying about your zipper sliding out of place.
- Reflective logo keeps you visible at night and during dimly-lit adventures.
- Finally, a zippered chest pocket packs into itself, doubling as a stuff sack. We’ve also added an internal key clip to make it easy to stow, carry, and whip out this wind shell whenever it’s needed most.