Yes You Can: Boulder Alone
- How to enjoy the solo session—whether it's by choice or not.
What It’s Like To Start Climbing In Your 60s
- Doubters, beware. This 74-year-old is crushing—and so is a growing group of boomers new to climbing.
Why I’m Lobbying Congress As A Climber
- And why you should take action, too.
Skiing and Snowboarding
Friend Too Busy For A Powder Day? Try These (Semi-Sociopathic) Tactics
- Hint: Never take "I'm busy" for an answer.
What Really Makes Perfect Powder?
- Not all snow is created equal. Here's a meteorologist's quick guide to the best powder.
How To Get Educated About Avalanches
- Don't be the weak link in the backcountry this season. Here are all the resources you need to get educated or updated.
Alpine and Ice Climbing
How Climate Change Could Affect Your Climbing Trip To The Alps
- Glaciers and permafrost are melting and rockfall is increasing. Here are a guide's tips for planning a safe trip.
2019 #SheAdventures Scholar Jasmine Stammes On Rainier
- To Stammes, the climb was a metaphor in more ways than one.
Graham Zimmerman, Steve Swenson, Chris Wright and Mark Richey Make First Ascent of Link Sar (7041m) in Central Pakistani Karakoram
- The team snatches the coveted FA via the Southeast Face (M6+ WI4 90°, 2300m).
Hiking and Backpacking
How to Prepare for the Grand Canyon
- It can be hot or cold, wet or dry—but it's always magnificent. Here are a river guide's tips for what to pack.
Paddling The Colorado Source To Sea
- I SUPed from Wyoming to Mexico—and my biggest takeaway probably isn't what you think.
Get To Know AscentShell Technology
- How our proprietary waterproof, breathable fabric works to keep you dry and comfy in changing conditions.
Giving Life to Leftovers: The Extension Collection
- Meet the product collection that’s extending the life of factory scraps, while extending your time outside.
Is Your Beauty Routine Winter Ready?
- If you're outdoorsy, these tips will help you nail your cold-weather look.
#OptOutsideLeftovers Contest Winners 2019
- Whet your appetite and sense of adventure with these 10 contest-winning photos.