Yes You Can: Boulder Alone
- How to enjoy the solo session—whether it's by choice or not.
What It’s Like To Start Climbing In Your 60s
- Doubters, beware. This 74-year-old is crushing—and so is a growing group of boomers new to climbing.
Why I’m Lobbying Congress As A Climber
- And why you should take action, too.
Skiing and Snowboarding
How To Throw A Lit Winter Camping Party
- This isn't your parents' winter camping. With the right planning and gear, snow camping can be merry and bright.
Planning A Japanuary Trip? Read This First.
- Norie Kizaki was born and raised in Japan—and has ski guided there for 20 years. Here are her tips.
Friend Too Busy For A Powder Day? Try These (Semi-Sociopathic) Tactics
- Hint: Never take "I'm busy" for an answer.
Alpine and Ice Climbing
How Climate Change Could Affect Your Climbing Trip To The Alps
- Glaciers and permafrost are melting and rockfall is increasing. Here are a guide's tips for planning a safe trip.
2019 #SheAdventures Scholar Jasmine Stammes On Rainier
- To Stammes, the climb was a metaphor in more ways than one.
Graham Zimmerman, Steve Swenson, Chris Wright and Mark Richey Make First Ascent of Link Sar (7041m) in Central Pakistani Karakoram
- The team snatches the coveted FA via the Southeast Face (M6+ WI4 90°, 2300m).
Hiking and Backpacking
How to Prepare for the Grand Canyon
- It can be hot or cold, wet or dry—but it's always magnificent. Here are a river guide's tips for what to pack.
Paddling The Colorado Source To Sea
- I SUPed from Wyoming to Mexico—and my biggest takeaway probably isn't what you think.
Get To Know AscentShell Technology
- How our proprietary waterproof, breathable fabric works to keep you dry and comfy in changing conditions.
Giving Life to Leftovers: The Extension Collection
- Meet the product collection that’s extending the life of factory scraps, while extending your time outside.
Is Your Beauty Routine Winter Ready?
- If you're outdoorsy, these tips will help you nail your cold-weather look.
#OptOutsideLeftovers Contest Winners 2019
- Whet your appetite and sense of adventure with these 10 contest-winning photos.