Alpine & Ice Climbing
How Climate Change Could Affect Your Climbing Trip To The Alps
- Glaciers and permafrost are melting and rockfall is increasing. Here are a guide's tips for planning a safe trip.
2019 #SheAdventures Scholar Jasmine Stammes On Rainier
- To Stammes, the climb was a metaphor in more ways than one.
Graham Zimmerman, Steve Swenson, Chris Wright and Mark Richey Make First Ascent of Link Sar (7041m) in Central Pakistani Karakoram
- The team snatches the coveted FA via the Southeast Face (M6+ WI4 90°, 2300m).
Is This Actually The Best Moment In Mountaineering?
- Sure, getting to the top is great—but there's something else.
How To Get Started Alpine Climbing
- A guide's take on what sets alpine climbing apart—and how to get started safely in the mountains.
6 Resources To Help You Get Started Mountaineering
- Psyched to start climbing mountains, but not sure where to start? Here’s help.
Mountaineering Tips For More Fest and Less Suffer
- Plan ahead with these tips from mountain guide Martin Volken, to avoid some of the pain inherent to mountaineering.
Gaiters: What are they, and what are different types for?
- Gaiters protect from snow and trail debris, and help keep you focused on hiking, trail running or climbing comfortably.
Get To Know AscentShell Technology
- How our proprietary waterproof, breathable fabric works to keep you dry and comfy in changing conditions.