Alpine & Ice Climbing
Tips From an Alpinist For Surviving Isolation
- Take it from a guy who's spent 10 days in a row in a tent: Use this time wisely. And if all else fails, make bath bombs.
Confessions Of A 75-Year Old Ice Climber
- I may be a "hooker" and I'm OK with that.
Gaiters: What are they, how to choose, and how to put them on
- Gaiters protect from snow and trail debris. Here's how to pick the right pair and find the perfect fit.
How Climate Change Could Affect Your Climbing Trip To The Alps
- Glaciers and permafrost are melting and rockfall is increasing. Here are a guide's tips for planning a safe trip.
2019 #SheAdventures Scholar Jasmine Stammes On Rainier
- To Stammes, the climb was a metaphor in more ways than one.
Graham Zimmerman, Steve Swenson, Chris Wright and Mark Richey Make First Ascent of Link Sar (7041m) in Central Pakistani Karakoram
- The team snatches the coveted FA via the Southeast Face (M6+ WI4 90°, 2300m).
Is This Actually The Best Moment In Mountaineering?
- Sure, getting to the top is great—but there's something else.
How To Get Started Alpine Climbing
- A guide's take on what sets alpine climbing apart—and how to get started safely in the mountains.
6 Resources To Help You Get Started Mountaineering
- Psyched to start climbing mountains, but not sure where to start? Here’s help.
Mountaineering Tips For More Fest and Less Suffer
- Plan ahead with these tips from mountain guide Martin Volken, to avoid some of the pain inherent to mountaineering.
Get To Know AscentShell Technology
- How our proprietary waterproof, breathable fabric works to keep you dry and comfy in changing conditions.
Gordon McArthur On Coming Back To The World Cup Ice Climbing Circuit
- With fresh excitement, and a drive to see it through, Gordon McArthur is psyched to be back.