Wear Testers Love The Refuge Air Hooded Jacket
- Our reviewers put the jacket through the ringer and came out smiling.
What It’s Like To Start Climbing In Your 60s
- Doubters, beware. This 74-year-old is crushing—and so is a growing group of boomers new to climbing.
Why is Outdoor Research Called ‘Outdoor Research’?
- 18 facts about OG outdoorsman Ron Gregg and how OR became, well, OR!
Get To Know Pertex Fabrics
- What makes Pertex special, and how we use it.
Discover Aerogel Technology
- Designed for space travel, tested on Earth, and beloved by deep winter adventurers.
9 Things To Wipe With When Nature Calls ... In Nature
- Granted, some come more highly recommended than others.
Why I’m Lobbying Congress As A Climber
- And why you should take action, too.
Essay: Are You Still A Climber If You’re Not Psyched On It Right Now?
- Your current emotional status does not define your identity.
How it Works: The Science Behind Breathable Waterproof AscentShell Technology
- Plus why you’ll be seeing even more waterproof breathable jackets in stores this season.
24 Must-Do Adventures In The Midwest
- The underrated Midwest has plenty of climbing, paddling, thru-hiking and biking. You just have to know where to look.
Communication Lessons From A Karakoram First Ascent
- Bold first ascents—like Link Sar in the Karakoram Range—don't come without supurb team communication and decision making.
How Climate Change Could Affect Your Climbing Trip To The Alps
- Glaciers and permafrost are melting and rockfall is increasing. Here are a guide's tips for planning a safe trip.