American Mountain Guides Association
To be the leader in education, standards, and advocacy for professional guides and climbing instructors.
We support our members in providing the public with exceptional climbing and skiing experiences and instruction by:
- Advancing membership support, unity, and career sustainability
- Building a diverse and inclusive professional culture
- Protecting the public interest by advocating for high standards of risk management
- Serving as the American member of the IFMGA
- Advocating for facilitated access to public lands
- Promoting strong stewardship of our natural resources
- Providing internationally recognized certification and training
- Supporting our network of accredited business partners
- Upholding our Scope of Practice and Code of Conduct and Ethics
Why We Work Together
Since 1997, Outdoor Research and AMGA have had a long and rich history together of innovation, education, and support for America’s mountain guides. As a brand who aligns ourselves with the guiding community, our support of AMGA is critical to maintaining a strong relationship with the community they serve. Our partnership began with product testing and development between AMGA certified guides and the Outdoor Research R&D team. Today it continues with our dedication to making guides’ jobs easier, safer, and more inspiring with exceptional protection from the elements.
Outdoor Research x AMGA Educational Resources
One of the most important parts of our partnership with AMGA are the educational tutorials and how-to videos we create together for backcountry skiing, rock climbing, ice and alpine climbing, from beginner to advanced techniques.