- Water Resistant
- Wind Resistant
- Quick Drying
- Movement-Mirroring Stretch
- Zip-Off Legs w/ Different Color Zips For Each Leg
- Front Slash Pockets
- Zippered Thigh Pocket
- Zippered Rear Pockets
- Button and Zipper Fly
- Brushed Tricot-Lined Waist Band
- Belt Loops
Fit: Standard Fit
Fabric 86% nylon, 14% spandex, stretch woven
Inseam: 32" / 82 cm (L)
Avg. Weight (oz./g): 11.8oz / 335g (L)
- Pacific Crest Trail Thru-Hike with OR (Review by Ben "King Street" O)
I recently completed hiking the Pacific Crest Trail with as much OR gear because I love these products and wanted to see how they would hold up on a 5-month backpacking expedition. The truth was, after only 2 months on daily use and i mean daily, I had to switch them out to some pants I found in the thrift store because they began to deteriorate. But below you will find the positives and negatives of for these pants.
1. Water repellency: I loved how if i brushed up against a wet bush, the water would just bead down and off (sometimes into my shoes) but it would take a real shower to get water saturated.
2. Stretchiness- this was ideal for moving over terrain, never lost its stretch.
3. Breathability- I love shorts which is why I got the conversion pants because I can get HOT hiking. When using the pants in warmer weather as protection against mosquitoes, the breathability was there and I barely noticed that I was wearing pants. Wonderful quality.
1. Pockets: In a long distance backpacking trip, you need various items to live in your pockets at all times for quick access. The ONLY zipper pocket on the right side was too small in my opinion and my mini pocket knife that I've had for YEARS quickly wore a hole in the pocket and fell out, as well as my chapstick. If there was more zipper pockets spread around the pants, I wouldn't have had to rely on this one small pocket to keep my secured items there, only to have them fall out through a hole.
Overall, these are great weekend hiking pants, but I wouldn't advice them for a thru-hike, unless you purchase multiples and send them to yourself.
(Posted on 9/29/16)
- Love the pants, miss the zippers (Review by Blake)
Great pants/shorts. Comfortable for day long activities. The only thing they are missing are zippers on the bottom of the pants for getting them off over my boots. Add zippers and this is a 5 Stars pair of pants.
(Posted on 7/20/14)
- Value and versatility (Review by lightweight and comfy)
I’ve had a pair of the Ferossi shorts now for a while and have loved them, so when I saw the Ferossis were available as convertible pants, I had to order a pair. I was not disappointed as they just extend the comfort range of the shorts, just zip the bottoms on when the mornings or evenings are cool. Two zippered back pockets and a zippered thigh pocket along with the regular front pockets are nice. I'm 6' and 175 lbs and the 32s fit well. The shorts come down to my kneecaps with the bottoms zipped off.
OR Grassroots Athlete
(Posted on 4/15/14)
- Excellent pants (Review by Ian)
These pants are true to size, light weight, and nice and breathable. The zip off legs make them very versatile. Pocket placement is good, and they are very comfortable. Highly recommended!
(Posted on 3/28/14)