- Fabric Performance: Water-Resistant, Breathable, Lightweight, Wicking, Quick-Drying, TransAction™ Headband, Checked Fabric, UPF 50+
- Design Features: Dark Fabric Under Brim, Floating Foam-Stiffened Brim, Screen Printed Graphic, Reflective OR Logo and Graphic
- Functional Details: One-Handed Drawcord Adjustment, Breakaway Removable Chin Cord, Packable
Fabric: 100% nylon, dobby weave main shell - 100% Supplex® nylon, plain weave under brim
Avg. Weight (oz./g): 2.1oz / 60g (M)
- great hat; bring back the other colors! (Review by limakilo)
My two kids have each been wearing this hat for three years and I have nothing but good things to say. The adjustable cinch around the crown is handy, and the adjustable chin strap has been terrific in windy situations (e.g. boats).
My only complaint is that Outdoor Research seems to often discontinue colors. My daughter has been wearing the color "Crocus" (pink) and my son "Diablo" (orange), but no similar bright colors are currently available.
I especially liked the orange hat for my son, because it made it much easier to spot him on the playground or in a crowd. So I hope they bring these types of colors back.
(Posted on 6/9/16)
- Kids' Helios Sun Hat (Review by By Wolverine)
I bought this for my 9 month old to wear when we are outside. The drawstring adjustment let me cinch it down to the correct size for my infants head and will allow it to adjust as he grows. I tried it on my 5 year-old nephew and it fit him too. The breakaway chin strap gives me peace of mind knowing that if it gets caught on something my son will be safe. Additionally, the hat is breathable and my son did not sweat a lot while wearing it. The brim offers more than enough face and neck protection.
(Posted on 6/25/11)