- Fabric Performance: Waterproof, Breathable, Air Permeable, Fully Seam-Taped, Electrospun Membrane, Laminated Construction, Windproof, Movement-Mirroring Stretch
- Design Features: Zip-Off Bib with Zippered Pocket, Avalanche Beacon Pocket with Clip, YKK® AquaGuard® Zippers, Zip Hand Pockets, Zip Thigh Pockets, Zip Back Pocket, Zippered Outer Thigh Vents, Brushed Tricot-Lined Waistband, Reinforced Scuff Guards, Stretch-Mesh Internal Gaiter with Power Strap Slot
- Functional Details: Articulated Knees, Adjustable Tabs at Waist, Belt Loops, Adjustable Suspenders
Fit: Standard Fit
Fabric: AscentShell™ 3L, 84% nylon 16% spandex 70D stretch plain weave face with 100% polyester 30D knit backer, 100% nylon 420D oxford scuff guards
Inseam: 32½˝ / 83 cm
Avg. Weight (oz./g): 28.9oz / 815g (L)
- Minor changes, overall superb (Review by Wilson)
The fabric is bomber. I've worn it in all sorts of conditions, whiteout to fog to bluebird, performs admirably in all of them. It's stretchy, allowing lots of movement, windproof and waterproof. The powder skirt / suspenders breathe, and the pocket is perfect for a phone. The gaiter feature is grand, especially when you're swimming through powder looking for your ski.
The only changes I would recommend are: reinforcement on the holes for the booster straps; the velcro pulls on the stitching, fraying it, and I'm worried it will fray considerably by the end of the season. A second button on the skirt, to help with closure, below the velcro strip there. And a longer fly for the crotch, definitely.
Even still, for those deep powder adventures, these rock.
(Posted on 12/30/16)
- 4.5 stars really (Review by Carl)
I have used these pants now on about 10 morning tours before work. I love the beacon pocket, the fabric had held up well to numerous encounters with bushes and tree branches yet it is still light enough and doesn't make me sweat at all. Really these pants are just about perfect.
The only issue I have is they seems to be some extra fabric around the front waist area...so they kind of look funny on my when I cinch them down. Maybe I have a sizing issue. The funny thing is...even with that minor issue I would buy these pants again. Hands down. It is so hard to find a good backcountry pant and these do the job for a daily driver.
(Posted on 12/14/16)