- Fabric Performance: Waterproof, Breathable, Air Permeable, Fully Seam-Taped, Electrospun Membrane, Laminated Construction, Windproof, Movement-Mirroring Stretch
- Design Features: Helmet Compatible Wire-Brimmed Halo-Hood, Stand-Up Collar, YKK® AquaGuard® Zippers, YKK® AquaGuard® Vislon Zippers, TorsoFlo™ Venting - Hem-To-Bicep, Two Internal Shove-It™ Pockets, Dual-Sized Chest Pockets, Zip Hand Pockets, Internal Media Pocket, Internal Front Stormflap, Integrated Hood Cordlocks, Brushed Tricot-Lined Collar, Key Clip
- Functional Details: Double-Separating Center Front Zipper, Pocket Placement Above Harness or Pack Belt, Articulated Elbows, Thumb Drive™ Hook/Loop Cuff Closures, Elastic Cuffs, Elastic Drawcord Hem
Fit: Standard Fit
Fabric: AscentShell™ 3L, 84% nylon 16% spandex 70D stretch plain weave face with 100% polyester 30D knit backer
Center Back Length: 31” / 79 cm
Avg. Weight (oz./g): 26.0oz / 735g (L)
- This jacket is more than a ski jacket (Review by Heff )
I originally had a axiom jacket which did the job, well, but i bought a size to big. After selling the Axiom I studied the offerings of OR (because let's be honest, I wouldn't wear anything else.)
The Skyward looked the part but would it hold up like the old Axiom. The fit was amazing. I recommend sizing down, unless you are going to layer a TON of clothing under it. I have not skied in it yet but I did go out on a ride (on a Harley) in the sub 30 degree weather. The Skyward killed it, I was warm and dry. OR is the best. You will not be disappointed, this stuff is for soooo much more that technical outdoor wear. It is light, comfortable and warm. Hiking the Grand Canyon in February and can't wait to take this jacket with me.
(Posted on 1/2/17)
- just what I needed (Review by dan)
This is exactly what I needed for a backcountry over jacket to keep me warm and dry in the powder. Fits true to size.
(Posted on 12/29/16)
- Have Gear, Get Outside (Review by RD)
Designed and built by people who go outside. Great for ice climbing, moderate snowshoeing, tele-skiing at the resort. I would say its a bit heavy for backcountry skiing where you are skinning up or a work out snowshoe adventure. You will not end up with that frozen sheen on the inside of this shell, like a zen master, this shell breathes!
(Posted on 12/28/16)
- Best breathability fabrice, best ventilation (Review by Jordan)
Last summer I was looking to upgrade my old Furio Jacket to an all OR ascent shell fabric with the OR torso flo vent system but it hadn't been made it... until now.
I had bought a shell from a competitor in the Summer but when this came out I sold it and bought this. Have done 1 hike in the Columbia river gorge with it. I saturated my shirt with sweat going up hill on the hike, than I threw this on once I got to the summit, zipped it all up and my shirt dried out in half an hour and I didn't get that cold clammy feeling.
That's some impressive breathability. My old shell didn't perform at that level!
(Posted on 11/4/16)