- Fabric Performance: Waterproof, Breathable, Durable, Lightweight, Quick Drying, Fully Seam-Taped, Synthetic AlpenGrip® LT Palm
- Design Features: Removable Leash, Pull-On Loop, Glove Clip, Carabiner Loop
- Functional Details: Ladder-Lock Wrist Cinch, SuperCinch Gauntlet™, Pre-Curved Construction
Fabric: Pertex® Shield+ 2.5L, 100% nylon, 40D outer stretch ripstop
Avg. Weight (oz./g): 3.5oz / 98g (L)
- Close to Perfect (Review by Ry)
I've been using these for my winter biking mittens. They have performed very well over a span of around 90 days. I see no visual wear on the gloves. Holding up really well.
What I love
- The cinch mechanism is really easy to use
- The block 100% of the wind. On days that are 20 degrees or below I will wear a generic wool mitten under them to keep my hands warm. Usually I can get away with just my bike gloves underneath though.
What I don't love
- I wish the material was softer on the outside of the thumb area. This is where I wipe my nose with and it's fairly abrasive.
- They could breath a little better. Sometimes my hands get a little sweaty because they can't keep up with all the moisture.
Definitely worth the price of $65.
(Posted on 3/23/17)
- Nice Over Layer (Review by Ski Mom)
These mitts are my go-to when it's wet or when I'm ready to transition from the uphill climb to downhill turns. They layer over my gloves or mittens and weigh so little that they are a permanent spare in my pack. Even the teens in our family will look for them in my pack when the weather could soak their hands. They have been pretty waterproof so far except on one particularly wet ski day when the water may have been dripping off my elbows into the glove openings so my advice would be to tuck in vs. leave as outer layer when wearing Gore-Tex in the rain or wet snow.
(Posted on 1/2/17)
- Necessary (Review by Branden)
If you Ski/Split tour in the backcountry these are a necessary for for all riders in my opinion. These shells make it easy to transition between skinning up to digging a pit when your up to your elbows in snow, these will allow you to keep those think skinning gloves on and dig away. Also when the wind picks up as you approach that ridgeline these are good on those warmer days by themselves. Yet another killer product by OR.
(Posted on 12/26/15)
- Disappointing (Review by Maria)
I was so excited to find these shell mitts when I bought them. They have great cinching around the wrists and fit me very well over both my liner gloves and liner mitts. I used them for work this winter, and they were great for about 3 weeks. After light every day use for 3 weeks they developed holes where the taped seams rubbed against the shell. I ended up with holes throughout the thumbs and finger tips. I will be sending them back- very disappointing for $75 mittens.
(Posted on 8/31/15)
- Super Dry! (Review by Andrew)
These are great! They keep out snow and wind. I only require a light liner for cold windy days in the backcountry when combined with these mits. The cuff is great at keeping powder out. These are lightweight and super compactable. They are easy to carry while skinning and easy to put on when its time to ski!
(Posted on 2/4/15)