- Fabric Performance: Waterproof, Breathable, Fully Seam-Taped, Windproof, Laminated Construction, Movement-Mirroring Stretch
- Design Features: Helmet Compatible Wire-Brimmed Halo-Hood, YKK® AquaGuard® Zippers, Pit Zips, Zip Chest Pocket, Zip Hand Pockets, Internal Front Stormflap, Integrated Hood Cordlocks, Key Clip
- Functional Details: Double-Separating Center Front Zipper, Pocket Placement Above Harness or Pack Belt, Articulated Elbows, Hook/Loop Cuff Closures, Elastic Drawcord Hem
Fit: Standard Fit
Fabric: GORE-TEX® 3L, 94% nylon, 6% spandex 78D face with 100% polyester tricot backer
Center Back Length: 26¾˝ / 68 cm
Avg. Weight (oz./g): 16.3oz / 461g (M)
- Beautiful Construction -- But Snug (Review by LuvOutdoors)
I have been looking for a replacement ski shell. Outdoor Research is the best supplier of outdoor clothing.
I love -- and I mean really love -- their two-way front zippers. Unfortunately, the Revelation jacket was returned.
First, I have to comment on all of the high-end detailing that is built into this jacket, a great Gore-tex shell.
1. Beautiful contrasting aqua trim on the black. I even noticed that for the front zipper, one side of the "teeth" is black; the other is the aqua color.
2. Beautifully constructed seams and contouring to fit the female form -- not just a straight box.
3. The hood fits comfortably over my helmet.
4. I love the longer back. I would even like the entire jacket to be 1" or 2" longer -- great for sitting on chairlifts and protecting against the elements.
My biggest problem with the jacket is that there is not enough room for layering. This is a shell; I need to layer under it.
I purchased a size large. It looked beautiful on me if I only were to only wear a thin cotton tee-shirt. The jackets needs about 8" or 10" more of fabric in the body. The sleeves also need to be looser for layering.
If I really had my wishes, I would add more and bigger pockets, also.
PS I currently own the Aspire jacket, which I love. I purchased it in a large, and if anything, I could have used a medium since I never plan to ski in it with layers.
Conclusion: For the Revelation, size up for layering.
(Posted on 3/11/17)
- Keeps me warm and dry (Review by Mary Beth)
Jacket performs well in cold and wind. I have worn Patagonia and this jacket beats ants I've had before.
Fit is true to size.
(Posted on 2/11/17)
- Beautiful design and functional fit (Review by Kim)
I like this jacket for riding chairs and backcountry skiing. I love the hood with my helmet because I feel protected from the elements, it has both good range of motion and peripheral vision. I wear size 8 or Medium tops and have medium size bust, I originally ordered a Medium but returned it for a Large because the pit zips were too snug under the arms and I like to layer a 650 down jacket on cold days. The jacket is beautiful yet classic, I love wearing it! The length of the body and sleeves are great.
Constructive feedback for next year's model: increase the width of the sleeve cuff as I cannot easily get the coat over my gloves; increase the width of the neck circumference because it's too tight to fully zip with the hood over the helmet on a storm day; use a bigger zipper on the front of the jacket as this #5 waterproof zipper feels like the teeth are stressed especially at the neck.
(Posted on 1/22/17)
- Best hardshell I've owned to date (Review by Bella)
My new hardshell is fantastic! I work in the Rocky Mountains for a living and the women's revelation hardshell is the perfect jacket for the almost constant wind and has stood up to downpours and snowstorms flawlessly. The fit is much better than other jackets I've owned by OR (like the Aspire, which I previously owned) and flattering on a women's body. The design of the hood is great and I love the fact that the material is much quieter than traditional raincoats/shells. I ordered a small (5'3", 120 pounds) and it is a good fit with room for a light puffy underneath. If you really like to layer up, I would recommend sizing up, but I've found that a small fits me well with room for layers.
The inner stash pocket is a nice touch, but it would be even better if future versions of this jacket had 2 stash pockets and that they were a little bigger.
(Posted on 1/9/17)
- Great Alpine Jacket (Review by Wats)
I use this jacket primarily for mountaineering. After a few very wet outings last winter, I picked up the Revelation on a suggestion from a friend. I am extremely happy with it. The long pit zips are wonderful for temp regulation and it has kept me warm and dry in pouring rain and icy winds. My friend and I are both around 5'2" and petite, we sized up to the medium so that we could comfortably fit extra layers under it for cold snow conditions.
(Posted on 10/16/15)
- I love this jacket! (Review by Kelsi H.)
Last year when the zipper on my Enigma jacket broke, I was incredibly bummed to learn that it was no longer being made. However, OR offered to replace it with the Revelation jacket and I couldn't be happier! This jacket has kept me dry during torrential down pours as well as during windy/wet boat rides while doing fieldwork. I'm 5'7", 135 lbs, with a fairly athletic build and the Medium fits well. Perhaps a little roomy, but I like having the option to wear base layers underneath, including a light to mid weight down jacket, when it's cold. The desert sunrise color is beautiful and I've received a number of compliments on the fit and color of this jacket. So if you're looking for an awesome windproof/waterproof jacket to keep you dry, the Revelation jacket is for you!
(Posted on 9/24/15)
- Great Jacket (Review by Katie)
I love this jacket and use it mainly for skiing. So far so good for keeping me dry in the PNW. I am 5'6", 130 lbs and the xs fits whether I just have a base layer or need to add more insulation. The pockets work well for me and zippers seem solid.
(Posted on 9/4/15)