Last Updated: August 31, 2015
Many internet users are concerned about the unauthorized usage of their private and confidential information. Outdoor Research may use information internally for advertising and marketing purposes. Outdoor Research does not sell any private or confidential information.
The Outdoor Research web site has been secured through internal and external systems to reduce the potential threat of criminal activities. We continue to make every effort to ensure that you have a secure shopping experience with Outdoor Research. If you have any concerns, please e-mail us at [email protected]
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us:
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you: access or use our websites, subscribe to our newsletter, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, photographs, information about your sport interests, demographic information, and transaction history.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Websites:
When you access or use our websites, Outdoor Research may also automatically collect information about you such as:
Log Information. We log information about you when you visit and use our websites, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, operating system, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), and the web pages that you visit.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. We may automatically collect information about you using cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. "Cookies" are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. Among other things, cookies help us to improve our websites and your experience, understand which areas and features of our websites are popular, and count visits. For more information about removing or rejecting cookies, please see "Your Privacy Choices" below. We may also collect information via web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"), which are electronic images that may be used in our websites or in emails. Among other things, web beacons help us to monitor user activity, deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information We Collect From Other Sources:
Outdoor Research may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our websites;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events, and provide other news and information about Outdoor Research and our select partners;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our websites;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve our websites and provide content, features that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on our websites; and
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- With third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on our behalf and who require access to your information to carry out their work (examples include operating and maintaining our websites, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing consultation and assistance, distributing customer surveys, and providing customer service). These companies have access to personal information needed to perform their services or functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- We may share your name and postal address with other reputable companies so they may send you catalogs about products of potential interest. We do not share credit card information with these third parties.
- When you sign up for and participate in the interactive areas of our websites, certain information about you may be displayed publicly, such as your name, photos, and any other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights and property of Outdoor Research or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
By accessing or using our websites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about you.
Social Sharing Features
Our websites may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our websites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features. We currently provide links to the privacy policies of the following third party social sharing services and may add others in the future:
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Third Party Analytics
Your Privacy Choices
Online Account Information:
You may access, update and correct your online account information at any time by logging into your online account and updating your preferences. If you wish to delete your online account, please email us at [email protected], but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Outdoor Research by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing [email protected]. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing relations.