We won awards.
Our gear received 14 industry and media awards, including the following and many more.
Adventure Journal: Editor’s Favorite Face Masks, Face Mask Kit
Powder Magazine: Best Women’s Jackets of 2021, Women’s Carbide Jacket
Powder Magazine: Best Women’s Pants of 2021, Women’s Carbide Bibs
Powder Magazine: Best Men’s Jackets of 2021, Men’s Tungsten Jacket
Powder Magazine: Best Men’s Pants of 2021, Men’s Tungsten Pants
Ski Magazine: Best Men’s Ski Apparel of the Year, Men’s Carbide Jacket & Bibs
Forbes: Best Men’s Ski Jackets for 2020 & Outdoor Gear Lab, Men’s Helium Down Hoodie
Outside Magazine: Best Hiking Pants for Women, Women’s Ferrosi Pants
We gave back—and celebrated our people.
Together we supported social justice and environmental causes.
- OR employees personally donated nearly $10,000 to three different social justice organizations this summer
- The company matched these donations
- That resulted in a grand total of $20,000 donated
- Employees donated more than 258 hours of volunteer time
- We helped raise $115,000 for 14 different causes through purchases by outdoor industry professionals
2,738 healthcare workers took us up on our exclusive “thank you” discount, and we supported US veterans by offering a new exclusive Veterans Day discount.
We created jobs, hiring 320 new people across our facilities in Seattle, Des Moines, Wash., and El Monte, Calif.—bringing us to 660 employees, nearly doubling our workforce.
Two of our employees celebrated 30-year anniversaries at Outdoor Research this year, and 20 employees celebrated 25+ years.