Outdoor Research Retail Stores
The Outdoor Research stores are your one-stop shop for wherever your next adventure takes you. We specialize in four-season outdoor sports like alpine, ice, and rock climbing, backcountry skiing and splitboarding, hiking, backpacking, paddling, and more.
In addition to carrying nearly every item in the Outdoor Research collection, our Flagship store carries an extensive line of products from brands like Black Diamond, Ruffwear, MSR, Therm-a-Rest, Osprey Packs, Smartwool, Darn Tough, Good-To-Go Foods, Mountaineers Books, and Green Trail Maps. Don’t forget your NW Forest Passes and Discover Passes too!
The Outdoor Research retail stores are open with a few changes. We have created more robust health and safety standards that ensure your shopping experience is as clean, safe, and productive as possible.
Just like you, we are getting used to this new normal. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this period of adjustment and look forward to helping you get out on your next adventure safely.
Come in and prep for next adventure with the gear you need to enjoy the outdoors safely and responsibly.
YOUR SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
In alignment with today’s health and safety protocols, please follow the below procedures when visiting both our Flagship Store and our Outlet Store.
- Masks or face coverings are required when entering our building. We will also be selling our own Face Cover Kit at the door.
- Our store capacity will be limited, please be prepared to wait outside in line if there are shoppers ahead of you.
- We are sorry, but we do not have restrooms open to the public currently.
- Our sanitation stations at the cash wrap will provide hand sanitizer for use as needed.
- Please follow our social distancing markers in store to help maintain a safe distance from one another.
- Contactless payments with no signature required to check out. Apologies, we are not accepting cash at this time.
Yes – we have face covers! Pick up your own Face Cover Kit and Essential Filters when you visit us in-store.
More popular items you’ll find in our Flagship store:
- Camping Essentials: Stove Fuel, Backpacks, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Pads
- Backcountry Food: Dehydrated Meals & Energy Bars
- Backcountry Essentials: Guidebooks, Trail Maps, Annual NW Forest Passes and Discover passes, Compasses, Knives and Fire Starters.
- Climbing Equipment: Ice Axes, Helmets, Harnesses, Carabiners and Traction Devices.
- Gear Repair & Maintenance: A comprehensive selection of Nikwax and Gear Aid products
Items you can expect to find in our Outlet store:
- Previous seasons styles and colors
- Sample items in unique colors that you can’t find anywhere else!
- Seconds: Product with minor imperfections at 70% off!
IN-STORE RETURNS AND DROP OFFS
You can now drop off your Outdoor Research online returns in-store. Follow our regular Return Instructions and bring your item(s) in a bag or package that is labeled with your RMA number during our business hours. If you need assistance in creating a return for a web purchase, our store staff can assist you in person or you are welcome to call customer service at 855-967-8197 or e-mail email@example.com.
We do not accept warranty return drop offs at either location that do not have an RA# attached. This is all done through outdoorresearch.com/warranty with our warranty specialists. You are welcome to drop off any warranty returns that do have an RA already associated.
Please note that we are unable to provide an exchange for product that was not purchased direct in either our Flagship or Outlet store locations.
Valid purchases made within either our Flagship store or Outlet locations, that are new with tags, can be returned to our stores within 30 Days (Flagship) or 14 days (Outlet) of the original purchase date. Any seconds products, sample products or final sale purchases cannot be returned or exchanged at either location.
Give Us A Call
Outdoor Research Flagship Store (Seattle, WA)
Outdoor Research Outlet Store (Des Moines, WA)
Want to host an event at the store? Contact Us
Store Addresses & Hours of Operation
2203 1st Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134 - 1424 US
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday - Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
*Seattle Store will close at 4:30pm 1/3 - 1/9.
21402 24th Ave S
Bldg B, Ste K
Des Moines, WA 98198
Sunday - Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday - Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.