Last Updated: April 19, 2021
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us:
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you: access or use our websites; purchase our products; participate in a survey, contest, promotion, activity, or event; subscribe to our newsletter; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, photographs, information about your sport interests, demographic information, and transaction history.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Websites:
When you access or use our websites, Outdoor Research may also automatically collect information about you such as:
Log Information. We log information about you when you visit and use our websites, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, operating system, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), and the web pages that you visit.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
We may automatically collect information about you using cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. "Cookies" are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. Among other things, cookies help us to improve our websites and your experience, understand which areas and features of our websites are popular, and count visits. For more information about removing or rejecting cookies, please see "Your Privacy Choices" below. We may also collect information via web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"), which are electronic images that may be used in our websites or in emails. Among other things, web beacons help us to monitor user activity, deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. Your email address may also be collected automatically (without entering it on the website) and that email address could be matched to postal address to deliver marketing offers from Outdoor Research.
Information We Collect From Other Sources:
Outdoor Research may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our websites;
- Provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, rewards, and events, and provide other news and information about Outdoor Research and our select partners;
- Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and prizes;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our websites;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve our websites, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on our websites; and
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
By accessing or using our websites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
We do not sell any personal information that is provided or collected directly from you or through your interactions with www.outdoorresearch.com.
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on our behalf and who require access to your information to carry out their work (examples include operating and maintaining our websites, taking orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing consultation and assistance, distributing customer surveys, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service). These companies have access to personal information needed to perform their services or functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- We may share your name and postal address with other reputable companies so they may send you catalogs about products of potential interest. We do not share credit card information or email addresses with these third parties. If you are a California resident, please see “Your California Privacy Rights” below for more information with respect to this type of sharing.
- When you sign up for and participate in the interactive areas of our websites, certain information about you may be displayed publicly, such as your name, photos, and any other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights and property of Outdoor Research or others; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about you.
Social Sharing Features
Our websites may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our websites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features. We currently provide links to the privacy policies of the following third party social sharing services and may add others in the future:
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Third Party Advertising and Analytics
Your Privacy Choices
Online Account Information:
You may access, update and correct your online account information at any time by logging into your online account and updating your preferences. If you wish to delete your online account, please email us at info
@outdoorresearch.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Outdoor Research by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing info
@outdoorresearch.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing relations.
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act, residents of California to are able to: (1) request details about what information Outdoor Research has collected about them; (2) how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes; (3) request that Outdoor Research NOT share their information with third parties; and/or (4) exercise their right to be forgotten. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at CCPA@outdoorresearch.com; calling 855-967-8197; or writing us at Outdoor Research, Attn: CA Consumer Privacy Rights, 2203 1st Avenue South; Seattle, WA 98134.